There are so many industry-specific words and phrases that patients are exposed to when they speak to a cosmetic dentist that it’s natural for them to have questions. ‘What is teeth bonding?’ ‘What is a composite bonding procedure and how is it different from other dental bonding?’ ‘Is an inlay right for me?’
While cosmetic dentistry is broad, complicated and multi-faceted field, the five most popular procedures account for a significant percentage of all work undertaken to improve the appearance of the teeth.
The specific treatment used will depend on the condition of the patient’s teeth and their own health and aesthetic goals. A decision should only be made on a course of treatment after consultation with a dental professional. To help you better understand what cosmetic dentistry can do for you, the five most common procedures are detailed below:
- One of the most widely deployed treatments are onlay and inlay dental procedures. These procedures allow dentist to fill cavities subtly, and because of its simplicity can be conducted at any dental clinic. If the dentist observes that the tooth structure is not in the perfect condition, he might suggest you to do this treatment, especially when a major part of the teeth has wasted away. Through this process the patient can restore the strength of his or her teeth.
- Composite bonding is a solution for the most damaged teeth, especially where deep holes exist. It involves the injection of resin-based composites into the gap to restore the original function and appearance of the teeth with minimal pain.
- Another treatment method is veneers. Through a dental veneers procedure, patients can restore the natural appearance of crooked teeth. Even if anybody has the cracked teeth, he or she can be cured with a porcelain veneers procedure.
- Teeth whitening procedures are highly effective and widely available. This treatment involves the the dentist cleaning the surface of the each and every tooth, removing staining using either chemicals, abrasives or lasers. Significant staining can be removed and results can last for a long time, but if the patient has any bad habit like smoking or excessive alcohol consumption, teeth cannot stay stronger and whiter for a long time.
- Dental implant procedures are an effective treatment for the loss of individual or multiple teeth, and involves the bonding a tiny titanium screw within the bones of the jaw that is then capped with a realistic crown.
If anyone has a trouble of smiling or teeth damage, he or she can go through these treatments, but which will be perfect for them; this decision will be taken by the dental professional